Soccer - Boys and Girls - Rules
PHWM Soccer is a volunteer organization. To have recreation soccer program operate during the COVID-19 pandemic will require the support of families participating in the program to follow the COVID-19 guidelines, rules and preventative requirements to stop the spread of the coronavirus as best as possible. Baltimore County Parks and Recreation could cancel the program if guidelines are not followed.
Select for COVID-19 guidelines/rules
CDC Considerations for Youth Sports:
Exposure to COVID-19 – follow CDC guidelines for quarantine. Could mean a whole team or teams be out for 14 days minimum
**************** Heat guidelines *******************
- Practice is limited to 75 minutes. 60 is probably better with the younger ages.
- Absolutely no sprints or endurance runs. Not something we should do much of it at all anyway.
- Advise parents to be sure to send kids with water.
- Water breaks every 8-10 mins and monitor the children to make sure they are drinking.
- Be smart and keep a close eye on your players
- If you feel it’s too hot and want to cancel your session this evening, no problem
This is the county policy on heat for Outdoor Recreation Programs
- Each recreation and parks council and its programs decide on the parameters by which each activity meets during hot weather. Under these weather conditions, coaches and parents are expected to use appropriate judgment in determining the length and type of outdoor activity. Each parent knows their child’s health condition and should discuss their concerns with the child’s coach.
Baltimore County Parks and Recreation Policy:
Q. How does lightning and thunder affect outdoor activities?
A. Upon the first sound of thunder or sighting of lightning all in attendance at the outdoor activity should immediately go to their cars or enter a building. No one will be allowed to resume play until 30 minutes after the last sound of thunder and/or the last sighting of lightning. Recreation staff has complete authority to enforce this policy at a Baltimore County facility. In the absence of recreation staff, volunteer coaches and officials must follow this policy.
Click here for U10 age group build-out rules and guidelines
Click here for Baltimore County Parks and Recreation rules for use of the turf field at Honeygo Regional Park and Eastern Regional Park ( all county turf fields)